Director of Marketing and Membership
Civic Hall is a non-profit community and collaborative work and event space where government staff, nonprofit leaders, community organizers, philanthropists, civic entrepreneurs, developers, data scientists, journalists and academics come together to solve pressing civic problems with technology.
Civic Hall is seeking a dynamic and creative Director of Marketing and Membership. As a new position in the organization, the Director will have an opportunity to build a strong digital strategy and marketing function, lead the creation of a media and digital strategy training program for non-profits, government, and social entrepreneurs, and update and enhance Civic Hall’s membership offerings. The position reports to the Chief Operating Officer. Responsibilities include:
- Lead strategy and planning process to build a strong digital strategy and marketing function for Civic Hall
- In collaboration with the Director of Education, Training and Events, create and implement a media and digital strategy training program for non-profits, public sector professionals, and social entrepreneurs
- Lead the process of updating and enhancing Civic Hall’s membership business model and offerings, including developing an online community component.
- Manage brand-building communication efforts, to ensure brand consistency and maximize story-telling opportunities, both internally and externally
- Oversee Civic Hall’s digital presence and social media strategy
- Track and provide reporting on Civic Hall’s digital performance
- Lead special projects such as branding work and website redesign
- BA (required)
- 5+ years of experience in digital strategy and marketing
- Experience building a membership program and/or in an established membership organization
- Experience working in a small, startup-stage organizations
- Excellent writing skills, including proofreading and editing skills, outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities, organize workload, manage competing demands, meet deadlines, and set and achieve ambitious goals
- Ability to collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders, including public end-users, government, nonprofits, and corporations
- Familiarity with civic technology
- Familiarity with New York City tech community a plus
- Team spirit and sense of humor appreciated
Civic Hall is committed to building a stronger, diverse, and mission-driven team to serve the community we know, respect, and love. We are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices. We actively seek a diverse pool of applicants from or who have worked closely with historically marginalized groups, including but not limited to people with disabilities, people of color, LGBTQ people, first- or second-generation immigrants, and people from low-income families. When applying, please include information about your unique background.
Salary range $90,000 to $110,000, comensurate with experience. This position is eligible for Civic Hall’s benefits, including medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid time off and holidays.